Ok ok so I’ve already told you my obsession with the fall, and apples, and pumpkin everything. So today I’m going to share with you a healthy smoothie the whole family will love. You will love the fact that it is super healthy and your kids will have no idea muhahah…
Pumpkin is a super food. It is high in vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, antioxidants, and fiber. They can also improve your immune functions, act as a anti-inflammatory, and help reduce the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and premature aging. So I try to sneak pumpkin into my diet. That also means eating pumpkin pie is good for you right? Kidding kind of. We all need a little justification in our lives.
Pumpkin Apple Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup milk of choice (whole milk, full fat coconut milk, almond, etc)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 apple (cored and chopped)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs pumpkin spice
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 Tbs gelatin (optional) (Like this one)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Top smoothie with graham crackers or sprinkle on pumpkin spice (optional)
Do you love pumpkin? What’s you favorite pumpkin recipe?
Happy fall y’all. Yea I totally just said that…. This week our kitchen was full of fall smells and tasty fall foods. We also celebrated our church’s 18th anniversary! Woop! Love my church family, am so thankful for what Jesus is doing, and all the amazing people he has brought together. I also spent some time catching up on blog things.. bought time! What have you been up to this autumn so far?
This week I shared…
We now have 5 hosts! That means when you link up to 1 blog your link show up on all 5 blogs! More opportunity for you to be seen! Party opens at 8:00pm CST Sunday Evenings! Let’s get our party on! But first a few rules….
▪ Link up your crafts, frugal finds, recipes, DIY projects, clothing, happenings around the house, homemaking…. anything made by you!
▪ The posts can be new or old! But please don’t link up the same project each week. It will be deleted.
▪ Make sure you link to a direct post not just your blog home page. It makes it easier for people to find your post!
▪ Link back to us… Grab a button or just put a little link at the bottom of your post!
▪ Visit other blogs linking up to the hop! Feel free to spread the love and tell your friends about our blog hop.
Apples, apples, apples! Fall means apple season! Or I mean apple season means it’s fall? Either way I love fall and I love apples. There is just something about warm apples mixed with pumpkin spice, crisp fall air, and leaves turning colors that melts my heart. This past weekend my parents came to visit and we stopped at a local apple orchard and picked up some delicious local apples. We also stopped at a pumpkin patch for some apple cider and to pick some pumpkins. It was a great start to the fall season. Am I the only one that wishes fall would last all year?
On the the recipe. Well since I’m avoiding grains, nuts, and dairy right now (I’m doing another Whole30 which I’m calling Almost30) I created this Crustless Apple Pie. It hit that fall spot in my belly. One thing I dislike about conventional apple pie is that the filling is a syrupy goopy mess. Blah. This recipe on the other hand is not syrupy, but rather delicious and refreshing.
Crustless Apple Pie Aka Warm Apple Pie Filling for Two… Or One
- 2 large apples
- 1 tbs coconut oil (Like this one)
- 1 tbs honey (preferably local)
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Peel, core, and slice apples. Place into a small or medium saucepan, mix in next 3 ingredients, and place over medium low heat. Cover and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes. Remove lid, stir, and add in pumpkin spice. Cook with lid off for another 5 minutes until apples are soft, but not mushy. Serve with some whip cream or ice cream or both. Whatever floats your boat.