DIY Face Scrub

Winter is definitely upon us… Although some days are like 55 degrees here, my skin is getting really dry and flaky even though I’m using tons of moisturizer. This face scrub will do wonders for your skin. It will feel amazingly soft and supple! I am definitely adding it to my regular routine.  It’s super simple to make and you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen. With Christmas 2 days away this would be a great time to take 30 minutes to yourself, relax, and have at home spa time!

Moisturizing Face Scrub
Ingredients
1 tsp baking soda (you may adjust the amount to your liking)
1/2-1 tbs coconut oil, or I prefer to use whipped coconut body butter (super moisturizing)

Directions: Mix the two ingredients together. Wet your face with warm water. Gently take the scrub in your hands and rub in small circles all over your face. Rinse the scrub off with warm water, dry, and feel your amazingly soft skin.

It cant get much simpler and inexpensive as that. Being on such a tight budget there is little room to squeeze in things that are not really necessities.  Luckily doing this fixes that. I don’t need to buy anything special since the ingredients are right in my kitchen and you use such small amounts of the ingredients it only costs pennies! Go ahead and try it. I bet you will be amazed by the results!

I party here…

Comments

Sounds pretty easy to me! Where did you hear about this combo? Also, if you are using coconut oil, how do you suggest to get the oil liquified enough to mix it with the baking soda?

I use this for my face every morning. You don’t have to liquefy it. When you put a small amount of coconut oil in your hand, sprinkle the baking soda over it and work into a paste. Voila! Do not over rub or you will deposit excess oil. If that is the case, just use baking soda and water to make a paste that will pull the excess oil out at bedtime. The baking soda also tightens your skin and brightens it.

2. Deitan says

Wow! So simple going to try this tonight..thank you for sharing. And so much the better because I just bought a huge tub (78oz.)of Nutiva coconut oil at Costco for $20!!

3. Lynda says

Hi! Love your website and all the fantastic recipes!
    Was wondering if you can make up a bigger batch of the face scrub, and keep it on hand for a bit?

Thank you Lynda! I haven’t tried it but I bet you can! My deodorant is a very similar recipe and I can feel the baking soda in it. Don’t worry I don’t rub that on my face haha :)

How simple! I used to buy all the expensive face scrubs, creams, lotions etc. but haven`t in a very long time. This is such a wonderfully natural way to scrub all the dry skin away. Can`t wait to try it! Thanks for the tip!
    Marie recently posted…How to Make a Taggie BlanketMy Profile

5. Michele M says

This post made me smile. I told a good friend about something similar that I do and she laughed at me (in a nice way). I keep my homemade deodorant in the shower to keep it soft in the winter, and I also use it on my face to exfoliate. I thought I was the only one!