DIY Hair Pomade (Sculpting Wax)

DIY Hair Pomade

I have been wanting to make this for the hubs for awhile now and couldn’t find the courage to do it! Well it finally happened and I am very happy with the results! Its pretty darn easy too!

DIY Hair Pomade

Ingredients:
2 Tbs packed beeswax (I grate my beeswax and pack it in measuring spoon)
2 Tbs + 2 tsp of olive or canola oil (coconut oil might work too)
2 Tbs vegetable glycerin
Essential oils (optional)

Directions: In a double boiler or microwave slowly heat wax and oil together until melted, mix well. Let cool completely (I stick it in the freezer or refrigerator just until solid). Scoop mixture into a blender and add vegetable glycerin and essential oils (optional).  Blend well. All done! Place in a container with a lid.

To use: use on short hair to sculpt and style!  It lasted my hubs all day and its all natural yay! I have a terrible blender so once in awhile the hubs may get a tiny chunk. Just pick it out. No biggie!

Do you think you can talk your husband or friend with very short hair to try this? I thought it would take a lot of persuading, luckily it didn’t!

Hope you have a wonderful day!
xoxo. Amy

I party here

Inspire Me Please

Comments

1. Lisa says

I have shoulder length hair and recently my stylist had me add hair oil (I use Argan) to my styling wax type stuff. It’s been doing what it needs to do for my fine hair. I will try this too. There are probably other uses for this….

Hi Amy,

I just got done cutting my boys hair tonight, and my son wants to add some texture to his hair with wax, but I’m big on natural stuff around here, as in we even stopped using shampoo a couple years ago. So of course buying hair products is not going to work for mama, lol.

I would love to give this a try, and if it works, woo hooo,,,, totally awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing, and glad I stopped by.
    I am following you on Pinterest, and love your boards.

Have a wonderful day, and stop by anytime to say hello if you can.
    P.s. After coming back from an extended blogging break, I’ve started a 40 day challenge to get HEALTHY by my birthday. If you get a chance to check it out, I could sure use the support!
    Hugs, Bella :)
    Bella’s 40 Day Challenge

I am going to try this today, but also infuse the oil with rosemary which is said to help with hair growth.

Thanks for the great idea!

Tina
    A.K.A. Funky Momma of Funky Momma Creations

4. phelan says

wow this is great! im always looking for natural products for my husband’s hair! cant wait to try this!

Well I thought just the oil and beeswax was to hard and a little to greasy. This give it the texture of pomade and helps the hair be more sculptable!

5. Jessica says

More then likely cause she is a hair dresser & uses some of the top brands of Pomade Out their…..tho she does like most of my handmade goodies like soaps & whipped lotions & scrubs so ya never know in-till you try.Right??

6. Barbara Werner says

Is your husband still happy with this? I just found your recipe, and as I am running out of my store-bought and have very short hair myself…..I am thinking about giving this a try. :O)

7. Aubrey says

Hello :)
    I’m sorry if someone has already asked this question. Is it had to wash it out the pomade? It seems like the wax might be tought to remove.

Thanks!

8. Kimberly says

I was wondering about the ease of washing it out as well. I’m growing my hair out a bit (from a buzzcut) and would love to try this, if it doesn’t leave a build-up.