It’s summer… It’s hot (well, except here in southern Illinois which is really weird)… You probably need a drink that is perfectly refreshing huh? Today I want to share with you this super yummy drink that is perfect for summer! I wanted to bring together some of my favorite summertime treats: watermelon and lemonade! The truth is I have a love hate relationship with watermelon. I seriously love it, like eating it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner kind of love. But I hate cutting it ha! So when I finally brought myself to buying one and cutting it I thought, this would be perfect for a drink!
- 1 cup warm water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cup lemon juice (you can add more if you desire)
- 2 cups cold water
- Lemon and mint to garnish (optional)
- Dissolve ½ cup of sugar in 1 cup of warm water in a pitcher, and stick in the fridge.
- Coarsely chop watermelon until you get 4 cups.
- Place watermelon in a blender and blend until it is liquid.
- Add in lemon juice, and blend again.
- Place watermelon lemon mixture in the pitcher with sugar water and add 2 more cups of cold water.
- Mix, place back in the fridge until you are ready to drink it and mix before drinking, or just throw in some ice cubes and enjoy! Yummm!
What is your favorite summertime drink?
I party here…